Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My life - Taste tester

So today I went to a taste test - I got paid $40 for about 20 minutes of my time and a 10 minute drive.  It was a bizarre experience.  I got a "cube" number and participant number from the lady at the front desk and walked into a room with row of "cubes". There were about 8 people in cubes. In my cube, there was a cracker, glass of water, computer keyboard and screen and a little sliding door in front of me. Found my spot and per the instructions on the wall, sliding my participant card under the "door".  The door slid open, a gloved hand and white sleeve pushed a glass of iced coffee in front of me.  On the screen was about 10 questions regarding the coffee I was drinking - on choice scales....how much chocolate flavor was there....how much coffee flavor was there....was there an aftertaste....how was the aroma.....etc.

After I answered all questions, the door would open, take the empty cup and then I was instructed, on paper, to eat the cracker, drink the water, then the door opened up with another cup of ice coffee.  This went on four times.  I am not sure if they just gave me the same drink time after time, or different ones each time.  All I do know is that it was a bizarre experience.  No talking with any of the people in room, a hand coming in and out of the door. Weird.......

3 comments:

  1. Were u buzzing from all the caffeine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked that I wasn't, but that was a concern on mine!

    ReplyDelete