Monday, April 2, 2012

Restaurant review - Brother Juniper Memphis, TN

This may be my favorite breakfast place ever....in fact the whole family's favorite breakfast place.  I found it on Yelp (one of my favorite apps for finding great places to eat).  They were featured on one of Rachel Ray's show - $40 a day.  She liked the San Diego open faced omelet.

The service here was AMAZING - so friendly and never needing more coffee or water.  Very cool, comfortable surroundings.

 Here are their "home fries" and biscuit.  I think these were the best potatoes EVER.  Soft and light inside, SO crispy outside, with seasoning salt and parmesan cheese. Good thing I don't live near here or I would have a plate of these at least once a week.  And the biscuit was so fresh and tasty.
Here is the special of the day - chocolate waffle.  There was supposed to be mandarin oranges and stawberries on top (our daughter asked for the fruit on the side). It had a great chocolate flavor to the waffle that wasn't too overwhelming. And see the grits back there...I'll tell you about that later.....
 Here is my dish.  Here's the "official" description -

The Desperado

Sauteed Tomatoes, Green Onions, with Black Beans and Salsa
on a Bed of Avocado Spread topped w/ Mozzarella Cheese and Sour Cream

I asked for it with no green onions.  This was so good, but the avocado was not noticeable and it was swimming in the salsa - losing all the other flavors.  Still tasty....once I pushed aside all the salsa.














OK....let's talk grits.  These are cheese grits and they are the best I have ever had. Creamy, with the corn meal bite.  There is a taste of garlic and black pepper in there....I took them home with me and kept eating them even cold in the car.  And it was just as good.  Now every cheese grits I try from now on I will compare to these.  The sign of perfection -


Brother Junipers - so great that I am glad it is not near my house....one of the highest compliments I can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment