Sunday, November 27, 2011

Here is some more delicious food we ate on our trip to Louisville.

We ate breakfast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.  The food is delicious and creative, but WAY over priced.  The Bourbon Ball French toast is around $15.  Really?!?!  Yes.....for french toast.  It is a very fun place to look around - all kinds of fun things on the tables and the walls.  Definitely worth the visit, but I don't see it really being a regular place due to the cost.
Bourbon Ball French Toast....over the top.  Bourbon cream sauce, pecans, bourbon whipped cream, strawberries, and the french toast is cinnamon bread.  The bread is SO soft and fresh. This dish beat Bobbly Flay in a french toast "throwdown".

This was my breakfast.  See the biscuits.....huge and so fresh and good.  The smaller cup in the top right of the photo is cheese grits. Not so good.  WAY too salty.  I couldn't even eat it. I like the cheese grits at Eggshell here by our house MUCH better.

The tree inside of Lynn's.  It inspired me when I lived in Louisville.  I put an old branch in my sunroom of my old apartment and put all kinds of cute stuff in it.


I went out to dinner with a couple of my dear friends.  Not even sure where we went.  It was more important who I was with. When I look at this picture I will think about Jenny and Karen and how much I love to be with them and how much I miss them.  To me, food is a reminder of certain times, certain memories.

I had two tamales.  They were good.  I put salsa on them to make them tastier. I hope to try to make tamales sometime.  The folks I work with that are from Mexico say they are tough to make.  One day, I will try.  


No comments:

Post a Comment