Sunday, November 27, 2011

Restaurant review - Mark's Feed Store Louisville, KY

Now for my favorite restaurant in Louisville....Mark's Feed Store.  I swear if I could open one here, I know it would do great.  Every person that asks us where to eat as they drive through Louisville (most common response when I say I used to live there is "I drive through there on my way to Florida."), we always recommend Mark's Feed Store and it has NEVER disappointed. In fact my friend, Jan's son asked if they could go down to Louisville again just to have their honeywings.  Ben...I could not agree with you more!!  They are the best!

Here are the famous Honeywings!  I have tried to make these at home.  I am very close.  Honey, cayene pepper, and some apple cider vinegar.  I am so close.....but something is missing.  Maybe it is that I don't fry the chicken.  I just toss it in some oil and cook them.  It is just SOOOOOO good!

Can't leave any of the extra sauce.  Here is one of our daughters even dipping her fry into the extra sauce.  Like liquid gold to our family!

Here is there pulled pork sandwich.  There pork is SO tender.  It almost melts in your mouth.  I have this bbq sauce from them.  This one is their "original" bbq sauce.  As you can see, it is mustard based.  Due to having the sauce, I can make a very close duplicate of this dish.  They also make a tomato based bbq sauce and now an extra spicy version of that. I always have a few bottles of the original and tomato version of each sauce in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment