Saturday, December 24, 2011

Had fun the other day when our niece was in from North Carolina - the kids all decorated cookies.  I bought two "value size" rolls of cookie dough - one gingerbread and one sugar cookie. I needed to bring cookies to work and we needed to bring some to our family Chanukah party.  You can see the designs they made for both occasions on the picture below.

I made all the cookies earlier in the day so they would be ready to go.  I also bought 5 containers of whipped white frosting - thanks Doreen for that idea!!  I had gel food coloring from when I used to decorate cakes.  Those have very intense colors, so they are great to mix with white vs. the grocery store food coloring that is in the drop shaped little squeeze bottles and only make pastel colors when mixed with white.  I made 4 color plus white - mixing them right in a sandwich size ziplock bag.  When the kids were ready I just snipped off a tiny corner and they used them like piping bags.  I also had small m&m's and sprinkles - the jimmie style ones.  I purposely did not buy the little round types of sprinkles for fear they would be all over my house for years to come.  And one more thing....I bought white paper table clothes from Sams - the kind with plastic on the back so nothing can leak through.  A brilliant move I must say - so clean up was a breeze.

The kids had a blast and it kept them busy for about 1 hour.  You can see all the fun designs they came up with.  By the end - they were putting the frosting on each other, but that was fine - kids clean up easily too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment