Wednesday, January 11, 2012

 Made another good dinner....pork tenderloin, butternut squash, and roasted potato.
 Here is the butternut squash.  I put it on a baking sheet that is lined with non-stick tin foil.  What a great product!! I cut it into about 1 inch pieces, dibbled around it agave maple syrup and a bit of cinnamon.  I cooked it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. SOOO good and all the kids liked it. It wasn't very sweet - which was great so that you could really taste the squash.
For the red roasted potatoes, I cut them into about 1 inch pieces and put it also in the oven at 400 degrees on a non-stick tin foil lined pan.  I put a bit of Smart Balance oil in the pan also.  After about 15 minutes, you need to toss the potatoes and cook them another 15 minutes.  Right before eating, I put fresh crushed sea salt over the whole pan of potatoes.  Perfectly cooked!
Here is the pork tenderloin. I put a dry rub on it of Fat Boy's All Purpose Seasoning.  I bought it at work.  They use this at work for rubbing on the ribs they make.  I put it on the tenderloin, wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for the whole day.  I took it out of the fridge about 1 hour before cooking to lose the cold of the fridge to allow for the meat to cook for evenly.  I seared it in a very hot pan, then baked it in the oven at 400 degrees.  I had a thermometer in it to make sure it hit the temperature needed for pork.  It was SOOOO tender and tasty.  I will definitely be making it like this again.  And it was on sale at work, so the whole pork piece was only $5.55....to feed the whole family.  Can't beat that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment