Sunday, January 15, 2012

One word...Monkey Bread....ok....two, but everyone eats it so fast that it might as well be one word!!
It is just SOOOO delicious and SOOOO easy!  Get bread rolls (the kind that are just dough - not cooked) from the freezer section of the grocery store.  Leave them in the refrigerator for the night to thaw.  In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan.  Even if it is nonstick - I would still spray it down with Pam.  In a bowl, make a cinnamon sugar mixture.  Rip the rolls into pieces...halves, thirds, quarters, whatever. Roll each piece in the sugar mixture and then put it into the pan.  Just keep doing it until you use all the pieces.  Pour over the top 3/4 of a stick of melted butter. Put it in the oven for about 35 minutes.  Be careful....it will almost triple in height, so don't have it too close to the top of the oven. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then invert.  I put it on a glass cake stand, but you can put it on any kind of plate.  If you want, you can add almost anything to this....apples, nuts, raisins....etc.

What a crowd pleaser! One of our daughter had some friends sleep over and I made this for them so that it would be warm when they woke up.  They devoured it.  I think this will be my regular thing when kids sleep over.  I need to keep some frozen rolls in the freezer for just this occasion.

I am really trying to get the kids to have people over to the house more....which I have learned includes having  junk food in the house.  That was one of the main complaints when I asked why don't you have friends over more.  "You don't have good food."  Ironic, and humorous, that to them "good food" equals "junk food'.  Whatever - as the kids would say! So, I have chips and now this monkey bread as a lure.

No comments:

Post a Comment