Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We ate at one of our favorite local restaurants tonight - Prairie House in Buffalo Grove, Il.  I added a link on my blog page. I enjoy going to places that aren't chains, so that I know the money goes to "the little guy" and not some huge company.  I encourage others to do that as well.  Keeps our restaurants fresh and home-spun.  Their food is really good - the wings, the pizza - all good stuff!!

My husband and I split a full slab of ribs.  It comes with seasoned fries.  The meat just falls off the bone - I know this is a preference thing, but I like to pull it off a bit. But order it because the flavor is definitely there and wonderful. Smoky, tangy and sweet from the sauce....all important  elements of great ribs.
We also ordered "beer nuggets".  I have never heard of these, but our friend we were with said they had them in all the bars at Northern Illinois where she went to college.  Beer nuggets are pieces of fried pizza dough with  pizza sauce to dip them into.  So crunchy outside and soft and doughy on the inside.  Not sure why they are called beer nuggets - because there is beer in the batter?  Because you would only eat them if you have drank a lot of beer?  Not sure....but evishly yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment