Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dinner - Chipotle Cornmeal Green Bean Fries

I made a new recipe - Chipotle Cornmeal Green Bean Fries from O magazine. Here is what it looked like in the magazine - the middle "fry" there.
Here's what my finished product looked like -
And I followed the recipe perfectly.  Not sure where I went wrong - or if I did.

Here is the recipe -
8oz fresh green beans - trimmed
1 cup buttermilk
1t ground chipotle chili powder
2t kosher salt
1/2t sugar
1/2 cp cornmeal

Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Add green beans to the pot and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice water for 2 mintues. Transfer beans to kitchen towel and blot dry.

Place the rack in the middle third of the oven and a second one in the center. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.  Set wire racks on rimmed baking sheets. and grease the racks.

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.  Toss the beans in there to coat. Place coated beans on the racks in a single layer - not crowding.  Bake until coating is golden brown and crisp - about 8-9 minutes.

Serves 4
Here are the beans once coated on the wire rack waiting to go in the oven.

Needless to say....no one liked these.  I won't be making these again.  It really bothers me when the picture greatly differs from the actual product.  That is just wrong and wasted my time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment