Monday, June 11, 2012

Restaurant review - L'Eiffel Bistro and Creperie South Barrington, IL

WOW....what a great night.  We ate outside and it was beautiful.  I found this restaurant on Open Table.  It was in a nice outdoor strip mall of all kinds of upper level stores....Sur La Table, Coldwater Creek, etc.  The only problem with eating outside was the bugs.  We both got bites all over our ankles and feet. I'm still itching!

Few hiccups with the menu.  I only saw one savory crepe on the menu....surprised due to the name of the restaurant. But there were about 6 dessert crepes to choose from. Also, I was curious about the different and unique drink choices, but our server had no idea what each of them were.  Too bad, I was willing to try something new.

I ordered my favorite way...all appetizers.
 This is the ceviche.  It was delicious....nice and fresh with different textures from the different kinds of seafood (shrimp, octopus, scallops) and vegis (peppers, onions, tomato, avocado).
 This was a shrimp and crab cake.  It was crunchy and light.  It was served on a bed of wilted spinach and the yellow sauce was some kind of lemony sauce.
These are curry mussels.  You can order them with or without fries....I had it without fries.  The flavor was great, but the mussels were just ok.  A bit over cooked....rubbery.
This is what Amy had.....but she had them switch out black noodles (made from squid ink) for these rice noodles.  This is shrimp and scallops with a buerre blanc sauce.  It was a tasty dish....the seafood was cooked perfectly and the beurre blanc was light and flavorful.

We had two desserts....a crepe with apples and caramel with vanilla ice cream and chocolate mousse.  Both were delicious.....

I'll definitely be coming back here.  Though sitting outside was wonderful, I am still itching, so maybe we'll sit inside next time.

1 comment:

  1. I will never go to this restuarant!! the service was horrible the waitress jessica didnt know the menu. the bartendar drinking while working and the waitstaff talking and joking while custmers can see them. this is no place to eat its a joke.

    ReplyDelete