Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My kids are driving me crazy

OK.....I need some feedback here.  My kids are driving me nuts.  It seems within the last couple of months, our kid's dinner eating habits have changed.  I can't make dinners any more or eat out any more without someone complaining and refusing to eat.  It seems that their likes/dislikes change by the minute.  I made matzoh ball soup the other night....used to be a huge family hit.  No longer so.  NO ONE ATE IT!!  Not one ate it. Not a one....went to waste. Was going to make sushi another night...only one kid (out of three) said they would eat it, so I didn't make it. Ordered Jet's Pizza - old family favorite.  Only one kid ate it.  The other two complained A LOT, but eventually they did eat some of it.

And now for restaurants.  Places we would go with not one complaint have now turned into complaints galore.  REALLY???  You are complaining about a free meal??? REALLY??

What am I to do??  I am so tired of hearing complaints over food.  There is no longer anything I can make or anywhere we can go that everyone smiles and says "Yeah!".

Please write here and either make me feel better by commiserating with me or tell me strategies how to deal with this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there:

    I hope you're doing well this Wednesday, and don't mind a quick idea to pass along to your readers. (I couldn't find an email on your blog page or profile.) It's a great opportunity to support local kids in Illinois - and I'm presuming you and your family are Illinois residents; if not, my apologies, and enjoy a meal out at the same time...

    On Monday, October 15, school bands across the country will gather in front of their local Noodles & Company restaurant to create a spectacle like only a marching band can. And three suburban Chicago Noodles & Company locations will be joining the fun, hosting local school bands for a live performance outside the restaurant. From 5:00 to 7:00 patrons and passers-by will be entertained by their music.

    The band will earn a $200 donation from Noodles just for showing up and playing, however diners can also help raise funds for the band: every pork entree or add-on sold between 5 to 7 pm that evening will add another dollar to the pot. It's a rain or shine event (Noodles will make indoor performance space available if the weather doesn't cooperate). Noodles is doing this not only to support the local band program, but because they're pretty excited about the launch of their new pork menu items and wanted to add some big time fanfare - and nobody does fanfare like a high school band!

    The pork featured in Noodles new menu items is naturally raised, antibiotic free and available on any menu item in the store; customers can just ask for it. It is also part of Noodles' new BBQ Mac & Cheese (featured in their popular Grown Up Mac & Cheese line), as well as a new pork sandwich.

    We'd love to get the word out to your readers, and encourage them to show up at the participating Noodles to help support the band. No one has to sing for their supper, but at the same time, no one who wants to sing along with the band will be shushed, either. Here are the three locations, and bands:

    - Elgin (895 South Randall Road (at the corner of Randall and Bowes Road)) - Central High School Jazz Band

    - Buffalo Grove (1209 West Dundee Road) - Buffalo Grove Instrumental Association

    - Schaumburg (1400 N. Meacham Road (at the corner of Meacham and Remington Road)) - Hoffman Estates High School Madrigals

    Let me know if you have any questions, or might be interested in stopping by to check it out (I work for Noodles' PR firm).

    Thanks very much, and have a great day,

    Sarah (on behalf of Noodles)
    sarah [at] lemkeanderson [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaving this post up here since it is for such a great cause - normally I wouldn't leave any kind of advertising. Please support the arts.

    ReplyDelete