Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The crab cakes were good....not great...good.  I used both lump and claw crab meat that was in a pouch (on sale at work btw). I also used panko crumbs, 1 egg white, about 1 T mayo, Old Bay seasoning, worshire sauce, and some dried mustard.  The mixture formed into great cakes and I put some butter into a nonstick pan and just pan fried each cake.  I tried to make a sauce with just adding Old Bay to mayo. Not good and not needed.

I also grilled 1.25 lbs of skirt steaks from Dorflers. They make these great spinach and crab stuffed mushrooms, which I also cooked two of those.  So delicious!

None of the kids liked the crab cakes, S and I ate a few each.  Just ok....

Tomorrow we leave and have reservations at one of the best restaurants in Toronto. I can't wait!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment