Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lunch/Dinner - Amazing salad

I used the first thing from my garden....lettuce! I somewhat copied a salad I wrote about that I had at Butterfield's.  Here is my version.......
I poached eggs - the first time I have ever done that.  I added vinegar to boiling water.  I cracked an egg into a small bowl.  I swirled the water and dropped in an egg.  I stopped stirring and left it alone in the boiling water.  I didn't have a slotted spoon, but I used a little strainer. Improvising works....just try it!  I made two poached eggs for my salad.

In the bowl, I put fresh picked lettuce.  Then cut up papadew peppers and marinated artichokes, put them on the lettuce and put crumbles on goat cheese on it as well.  I drizzled in very good balsamic vinegar over the whole salad, and then put on top the two poached eggs.

This was an amazing dish....definitely restaurant quality if I do say so myself! Tasty and pretty. The warm egg yolks mix with the goat cheese and made a creamy texture.  The bites of peppers (sweet heat), artichoke hearts (different texture), balsamic vinegar (tangy), and fresh lettuce (crunchy).....oral nirvana.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Nothing is better than cooking with home grown. Glad your garden is producing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Avery!! Wish you were here to help me pick vegis. Today I picked some pea pods!!

    ReplyDelete