Monday, November 28, 2011

Here is my mother's stuffing.  It is my most favorite.  I think it is great the way each kid likes their mother's stuffing over any others.  I have a funny story.....when S drove me home for Thanksgiving, the first time, my mom gave him a large pile of her stuffing.  I mean, everyone loves her stuffing, surely he would too.  He ate the whole amount.  She offered him more and he said no thanks.  She said "You didn't really like me stuffing.  Did you?" And then he admitted he didn't.  It was SO sweet that he still ate it anyways.
My mom's stuffing is made with challah that she toasts, then adds lots of thinly sliced cooked onions, some broth and then her secret ingredient.....jelled cranberry sauce.  You can even see some of the cranberry sauce here in my picture.  People come to the house to get a container full of stuffing to bring home with them, even though they don't eat their Thanksgiving supper at my parent's house.  It is just that good.

Tonight for dinner I made chili.  It takes no time at all to make this chili.  And everyone in the house eats it, a miracle onto itself.  1 pound of ground turkey that I brown.  I add in a packet of chili spice mix (McCormick) to the ground turkey. To that I add 1 large can Brook's chili seasoning and beans (it can be found near the canned beans section of the grocery store), 1 can of Cambell's tomato soup (straight from the can, not with water or milk mixed in), and 1 can of large dark kidney beans.  And that's it....SO good!!!!  And SO fast....I can make a whole pot in about 10 minutes.  I do like to let it sit on low on the stove for awhile.  Just make sure to stir it every so often so the bottom of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment