Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I made chicken marsala, roasted green beans and carrots and green beans and garlic for supper tonight.  Actually, I made the chicken and roasted vegis, our 10 year old son made the green beans and garlic dish.  See...it's not the hard to cook delicious, healthy, tasty food!!  All Super Mom's need side kicks.  And doesn't every kid need to learn to cook??  He helps me with almost every meal.  It's a huge confidence builder.  He loves it!
Here is the chicken marsala.  This is one of my more complicated dishes.  I used thin sliced chicken breasts.  You can buy thin sliced chicken in the meat section in the grocery store.  I put about 1 cup of flour with 1 tablespoon kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper in a paper plate (less to clean up!).  I use a regular, large skillet. I coat the bottom of the pan with butter (just rub is around so it melts just slightly).  Coat each breast with the flour mixture, shake it off, and put it in the pan.  The heat should be at medium high.  Each breast cooks in about 5 minutes a side. I usually rub the butter into the hot pan everytime I flip a breast.  Not much butter is used at all. Once they are cooked, I put the finished breasts on another paper plate. I usually make about 2 pounds of breasts.  Once all the breast are made and out of the pan, I put sliced white mushrooms into the same pan.  They need to brown and will start to release some liquid.  This takes about 10 minutes.  Then I put the chicken breasts (all of them) back into the pan and add the marsala.  I let it simmer for about 10 minutes.  The sauce it creates starts to get thick and yummy.

Look at these delicious roasted vegetables!!  Carrots and green beans.  I have explained before how I roast vegis...always good!!

Here are the green beans that our 10 year old made.  I had made them before - and explained to him what to do.  And he did a great job.  Everyone loved these too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment