Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So I have been working 8.5 hour days at the grocery store due to the holiday. I am used to working 5 hour days and now this 3.5 hours more is rough.  My legs, feet and lower back have been hurting.  Yesterday I came home, said hi to our middle daughter, A, and went right to bed.  Here is what I had for supper....
Yes...the whole bag while laying in bed.  It's good stuff!  I should buy the smaller bags so that I have some portion control.....but it was my dinner.  Hey....it was better than a pint of ice cream for dinner.

S and our son, I, are out of town.  We will be meeting up with them on Thanksgiving Day.....they have been having a great time....here's what S had for dinner last night.....
Chicken and dumplings....boy do these look delicious and homemade!!  But they aren't......at a local restaurant.  I need to try these.

Work has been hard, but fun.  I really enjoy working there.  It seems that the average amount of people going to people's homes for Thanksgiving is 15-20.  The smallest group was 4.....and it was funny....she had one of the largest orders of the day.  I get it.  When your kids come home just a couple of times a year, you want every type of food at home they would want.  It is SO sweet and I know this time will soon come to be for me also. I wonder what our kids will ask for when they come home...since all they do is complain there is never any food at home for them to eat.

It was Melanie's b-day today at work.  She has been battling cancer and her birthday was a welcomed day. Sergio (from the bakery department - who also helped make the corn bread that I served with the white "sili") made her a cake.  It was delicious and beautiful....just like Melanie.  She works with flowers....and that brings joy and beauty into people's life.
Strawberry and chocolate cake.  And look at these flowers....amazing!!

I always remember this when I am at work....I might me one of the only people that smile at some of the people that come in.  Maybe the only person who notices them.  I don't ask people about their Thanksgiving plans unless it seems obvious by what they are buying.  What if they have no where to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment