Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My life - My Smelly Dog

My dog, Jake, got skunked last night.  It was horrible.  He got it right in the face and was drooling, shaking his head and rubbing himself all over the ground.  Poor thing.  I called my friend, Chris, who came right over with her "Skunk Kit".

Here is her recipe for washing your dog who has been skunked....1 gallon vinegar to one box of baking soda.  Rub it in all over your dog, focusing on the sprayed area.  Leave it on for about 10 minutes - that's a hard thing.  He desperately wanted to shake and rub himself all over the ground.  After that wash him off with Dawn dishsoap.

He still smells. just not as pungently. It is an awful thing.  Our old dog, Lucy, had gotten sprayed when the kids were all little.  I didn't realize it and let her into the house.  She was literally in the house 4 seconds and when I brought the kids to daycare the next day, everyone commented on how they smelled skunk from the kids.  The smell gets into your nose and no matter where you are, you smell it.

Just wondering......I know there are various recipes as to how to wash your dog after they have been skunked....what is yours??  Please share your skunked stories....this is not fun.




2 comments:

  1. Maddie got skunked last year and we did the same recipe, but we did the whole thing twice. Took a few days to really get rid of the smell!! So sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I washed her a second time yesterday. It's just awful.

    ReplyDelete