Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Made stir fry tonight for dinner.  Broccoli, water chestnuts, garlic, onions, carrots and pork.  I made a sauce of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch and sesame oil.
First I steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes (my middle daughter likes her broccoli soft).  While it was steaming, I cut thin sliced pork chops into smaller pieces.  Then I added in the carrots, minced garlic and onions and let all that cook together.  I added to broccoli to that and the water chestnuts as well.  The sauce I made by just adding the soy sauce (about 1/2 cp), 1/3 cp rice wine vinegar, and 1/4 cp brown sugar.  Stir it so that everything gets coated and the sugar melts.  I then sprinkle in about 1 t cornstarch.  Stir it all well so there are no lumps.  Turn the heat up so it boils briefly, then turn down the stove so it cools and gets thicker.  Right before I serve it, I add 1/4 t  sesame oil.  We try not to have carbs, so I don't serve it with any rice, but it certainly would be great with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment