Thursday, February 9, 2012

I thawed out the tomato sauce I made on January 10th.  In my usual manner, this dinner was made up of lots of different things for everyone to put together their dinner how ever they want.  I made spaghetti squash, not healthy (aka non-whole wheat) spaghetti, chicken breasts, and eggplant. Then just put the sauce over whatever you choose.  Needless to say....didn't go over so well.  Only 2 out of the 5 of us liked this dinner. I am not sure what this feeling is that I get when my family doesn't like my dinner. Inadequate, frustrated, angry.  Over people not liking food...really?  My family not eating my food brings out such negative feelings. I just don't have an "oh well" feeling when people, especially my family, doesn't like my food.  I just can't let it roll off my back like I let most everything else.

Here is the chicken.  I bought chicken that was on sale - it had the bone and skin on it, but for $1.99 a pound, I boned and skinned it. I put it on tin foil (helps in the cleaning department) and put it in the oven at 375 degrees.  After about 20 minutes, I put the sauce and cheese on it and put it back in the oven for about another 10 minutes.  A kind of a healthier chicken parmigian.
This is the spaghetti squash.  I "stabbed" the squash about 10 times all around it, then put in the microwave for 6 minutes.  Once it was all soft, I cut it in half, scooped out the seeds, and scraped out the squash with a spoon.  It just shreds on its own and is SO yummy.  With the sauce over it, it is even better.  My daughter also likes it with just parmigian cheese. Very healthy and delicious meal or side dish. 
Here is the sauce and the "unhealthy" noodles.  It was my compromise dish.  
This was just for me - no one likes eggplant.  I cut it into pieces , put it into the foil lined pan and put it in the oven with the chicken.  After about 15 minutes, I put sauce and cheese over it.  Simple and yum, just minimal protein.
This was my plate - eggplant, chicken and squash.  I loved it all, but our eldest daughter is the only other one who liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment