Saturday, February 11, 2012

I had lunch with my husband at Brunch Cafe (in Fox River Grove, IL).  Yum!! I had the California crepe.  Scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, avocado, bacon and spinach all in a crepe.  I like this because there is a nice subtle sweetness to the crepe that make the whole thing taste special and different from just a scramble with the same ingredients.  Few things I would change.....I wish there was more of a texture that could be brought to it by the bacon and the crepe itself feels a bit greasy/buttery to me.  All in all, not bad.  Not the best...and certainly not the worst!  The service here is always good - fast, nice and keeps a full glass of whatever.  We haven't been to any other of their locations, but this is one restaurant everyone in the family agrees to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment