Wednesday, February 8, 2012

We got sent a cake from a bakery that made one of Oprah's "favorite things" (her favorite was their Key Lime Cake).  It was from We Take The Cake and we received their 6" layered red velvet cake. Here is their description from their website:
"A classic Southern treat! It's a mild chocolate cake with a wonderful crimson hue and the texture of (what else) velvet. We use all the traditional ingredients such as buttermilk, vinegar, imported Dutch cocoa powder and red food coloring. Then we layer and cover the cake with cream cheese frosting and top it off with white chocolate curls! So delicious!"
It weighs 2.5 pounds and is absolutely fantastic!  What a treat!!  It's actually a problem because that I all I can think about eating.  I had some this morning and can't wait to eat it again. What am I going to do?!?!!?  I added their link to my blog page.
The cream cheese frosting is so thick and rich and see the drizzle of white chocolate over the top? It gives the frosting a bit of a crunch.  The cake is so smooth and moist!  Every bite is a taste treat!
Which is more fun to look at - the cake or the flowers?  The flowers were made by our oldest daughter.  At her high school they are having a art festival and she was in floral arranging.  She made the dog of flowers at the class and loved it.  And yes...and the cake. Really good to look at, just doesn't make me as proud.
Ok....so I ate the whole thing (HEY - piece not cake!!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment