Monday, February 6, 2012

My friend, Chris, brought me an amazing place!  Issacson & Stein Fish Company 800 W. Fulton Market, Chicago. I didn't buy anything.  I was too overwhelmed and not prepared. Not only are there many kinds of seafood (shellfish to fish to squids) at amazing prices, but they also clean your fish, right there, for no charge. What was amazing is that there was no smell.  Nothing.  Actually, not quite totally true.  Outside the market it smelled wonderfully of chocolate, from Bloomers Chocolate factory.  I bet Willy Wonka's factory smelled this good.

Whole fish
Fillets
Look at this giant head-on shrimp.  Chris is holding it so you get an idea how huge this shrimp is!!!
$19.95 per pound caught wild in Nigeria.
You stand in line once you have bought your fish and they will clean them right there.  When we were there, 2 guys were doing this, moving the line along quickly.

Now to decide what I am going to make and do a quick trip to the city.......

No comments:

Post a Comment