Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dinner - stir fry

Nothing takes the place of the family sitting down together to eat supper.  I just love all eating together and laughing and talking.  Our kids are amazing and I just marvel in our family all the time. Ok - maybe not all the time....but a lot of the time.  Sometimes I forget to marvel - shame on me.

Here's a dinner I like to make - very simple stir fry.  I cut everything pretty chunky so that people can easily avoid vegis that don't like.  This dish changes a bit every time - depending on what I buy that day which also depends on what is on sale.  I cook the vegetables separately (starting with the "hardest" moving to the softest/thinnest.  Hard ones take longer to cook - such as carrots, broccoli ending with pea pods, sprouts), then cook the meats.  I put them together at the end when I add the soy sauce, garlic, some kind of sweetener (agave, honey, brown sugar - whatever I feel like at the time), some rice wine vinegar and finally just a bit of sesame oil.  I believe this is the ingredient that make all my stir frys rock.  It just brings that special chinese restaurant smell to the dish.

This one has carrots, broccoli, onions, and pea pods with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment