Sunday, April 15, 2012

Restaurant review - Thai Noddles Cafe Libertyville, IL

I found this restaurant on Yelp.  It was fantastic.  The service was nice. The restaurant was bright and cheery.  One nit-picky thing....the vents had layers of dust on them....yuck.

Everyone liked their dishes - 3 of the 5 of us got chicken pad see-ewe.  Wonderful noodles and nice amount of chicken and broccoli.  Our middle one had....one guess for my regular readers....you're right.....fried rice.  She said it was good....not the best....but very good.  Means a lot coming from her - for sure!!

I had a GREAT dish.....Woonsen Tom Yom Soup.....SOOOOOOOO tasty!!  I will definitely be going back.  The broth soup was sweet and spicy. With this dish it's all about the broth.  Chicken - nice amount, but bit more would have been nice, glass noodle - yum, sprouts - crunchy, ground peanuts - peanutty, but the broth.....oh the broth.  Perfection.  If I could make something like this....I would be SO happy.  Someday......




No comments:

Post a Comment