Monday, October 31, 2011

Today was a simple food day...starting with a food decision....Count Chocula or not.  Due to it being Halloween today and the fact that I don't want the roof of my mouth to be raw again, I decided no.  But I am going to hide a box.  (No,S, I am not going to tell you where it. Every women has her secrets!)

For dinner today, instead of chili, I made matzoh ball soup - from the mix.  It is nice to have something hot for everyone to come home to after hours (about 3 hours per kid) of trick-or-treating.

I have a customer at work that bought sunchokes today.  She bought them last week to try them and said they were so good, she was buying them again.  She says she roasts them with her vegis like I described yesterday.  I must try that next time I roast vegetables.  Don't peel them, but cut them up and put them on the baking sheet with the other stuff.  I will let you know how it goes.

Alright, I am done for the night.  Time to go to bed and dream about all the candy wrappers I will be seeing around the house and in the car for the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment