Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dinner tonight was delicious - if I do say so myself.  I made ribs and roasted vegis.  I have a wonderful way to make the ribs and vegis.  This is one of my family's favorite meals.

For the ribs: I put water in a stock pot and put poultry seasoning, black peppercorns and minced garlic. I put the ribs in the water and boil it all for at least an hour. I then take the ribs out of the water and put them on the grill with bbq sauce on them.  I love Lum Taylor's sauce.  It is SO good - great combo of sweet and spicy. Watch it closely so that it doesn't burn.  Turn it a few times.  Your goal is just to cook the sauce onto the ribs.  Here's the best part....when you are having people over, you can boil the ribs ahead of time and then put them on the grill to warm them back up.

For the roasted vegis: Preheat the oven up to 450 degrees. I cut up the vegis into bite size pieces.  You can roast just about anything. Parsnips, cauliflower, carrot, brussel sprouts, potato, sweet potato.  Line a baking sheet with tin foil.  If you are making potatoes, you can use non-stick foil  BTW....this is a great product.  I wish they would make it in a larger width and a larger roll.  Toss the vegi's with olive oil or I like Smart oil.  Let it cook for about 15 minutes.  Toss it around and put it in again.  After about 10 more minutes, sprinkle sea salt on it.  That's all....it is SO good.  I have converted vegi doubters.  My kids say their favorite vegetables are cauliflower and brussel sprouts.  Do you know any other kids who would pick those as their favorites?!?!

Tomorrow is Halloween....chili tends to be the easiest thing.  I will make it around 3p and put it in the slow cooker to keep it warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment