Sunday, November 13, 2011

Back to reality...but wait one moment

Now I'll get back to posting about the food back at home, but not before sharing a few things.

If you are lucky enough to have a partner at your side, I want to briefly say how important it is to get away with them.  Let's face it, every Super Mom has to have a Super Partner just to keep up with her.  And nothing stays Super (capital intended) if you don't work at it, and getting away with just the two of you helps keep this Super.  I don't mean you have to go to Toronto, just an overnight at a local hotel. These days there are SO many websites that allow for you to stay at hotels for less than $40.  And you don't have to do Super things when you do this overnight (no pressure).  Just being alone with no kids to listen for and nothing but the silence and the two of you is precious.

Not only do Super Moms need Super Partners, but they also need Super Family and Super Friends.  I think one trait of a Super Mom is a woman who has learned to create a special village around her family.  If you don't have others on which you can depend and lean on, the Super runs out very quickly.  You are not strong if you take care of everything yourself, you are strong if you let others take care of things as well.

Ok....just one more thing and I will get back to talking about food and all the great stuff that goes along with that.  But in that line of thought....I just wanted to touch upon the importance of eating meals together, as a family.  I know how hard it is in this day and age to do that....believe me!  With three kids, we are always running around.  But something happens around the dinner table that is just impossible to put into words. Don't get me wrong....it's not always nirvana around our dinner table.  There is fighting, farting and sometimes some crying that goes on there, but we still always come back to the table - and that is what counts.  I think that is the thing I like the best about food - it brings us to the table.

OK.....done....stay tuned for this week in food.

No comments:

Post a Comment