Monday, December 12, 2011

I made ribs and roasted asparagus for dinner tonight.  To make the ribs, I boil them in water. In the 10 cups of water I put 2 tablespoons of poultry seasoning, 2 tablespoons minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of whole peppercorns.  I put the ribs into the water and let it boil for 1 hour.  When I take them out of the water, I like to let all the water drain off of the ribs.  See how they are coated with the poultry seasoning and garlic?  You need to make sure there aren't any peppercorns still on the ribs.  Those would not be good to bite into.

When this is done, I put them on the grill with sauce on them.  I like Lum Taylor's BBQ sauce.  It is spicy with slight sweetness.  This is just to crust them up a bit.  SO good!!!  If you are making them for a large group of people, you can boil them ahead of time and reheat them on the grill later.


When I make asparagus, I like to buy the thinner stalks.  They also need to be firm and light ends. I put them in a glass with a bit of water in it when I bring them home. I then put them in the fridge to store them up to 1 day after buying it.  To roast it, I set the over at 425 degrees.  I put a bit of oil in a roasting pan and put some very good balsamic vinegar over it.  Toss the asparagus in the oil and vinegar mix and put it in the oven.  After 15 minutes, I toss them around and let them cook a bit longer.  Before I serve them, I grind sea salt over them.  They are SO good.  Somewhat dehydrated and coated with caramelized vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment