Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last night we went to dinner with another couple that we haven't been out with for awhile.  We went to Wildfire.  Great restaurant....always great service and usually good food.  We all shared a Wildfire chopped salad.  That is always good....and we got it with everything on the side, so we each could put on our salad whatever we liked (you know I like that).  Their salad dressing is great.  I should buy some at work.  It is strong enough that you don't need much.

I ordered their "stuffed" burger - horseradish sauce with white cheddar over it.  "Don't see the cheddar" you are thinking....me neither and I was there.  I should have sent it back, but I didn't.  My fault.I didn't think it was worth what I paid....and that drives me crazy.  I asked for it with no bun and didn't want a starch for a side, so ordered mushrooms.  I was shocked to find out the mushrooms were $5.  I was told they would be more money (at least she said that.  I HATE when you make a change to your order and they don't tell you there will be a charge for it), but $5 for mushrooms was a bit much.  I do like their coleslaw and I ate mine and Debbie's slaw (see the empty ramekin on my plate already!). Yum!


There seems to be this growing trend of burger places.  I am sure you have noticed this too - Smashburger, Five Guys, Tom and Eddies - just to name a few. What gets me is what they charge for a burger.  Yes their burgers are better than McDonald's,with better meat for sure - but to spend over $10 on a burger seems crazy to me.  But it is worth it??  It might just be. Comment on it and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment