Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ok Super Moms....you know when you just hit a wall and don't want to cook anymore?  All you need to do is find something already made and add just a homemade touch to make it yours.  Tonight I just picked up chicken pot stickers from Trader Joes.  I follow the directions on the bag as to how to make them.  My homemade touch is in the dipping sauce. I use equal parts soy sauce (I like low sodium soy sauce) and rice wine vinegar (in the Asian cooking section).  Then I add in agave nectar.  I have been trying to use agave vs. artificial sweeteners - which is what I have always used.  I like to keep things low sugar and in the interest of health, I am trying to go more natural. Lastly I add fresh ground red pepper flakes to the sauce. For tonight, I made 1/2 cp soy sauce, 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, 2 T agave, and 2 groundings of red pepper flakes. Mix it well so that the agave dissolves and distributes throughout the sauce.

Here is what I served on the table. As you can see in the picture, I served the dipping sauce little bowls that I had bought on one of our trips to Chinatown.  They are very cheap and pretty and the kids like having "their own" bowls. I love it there in Chinatown....but that is another post for another time......

No comments:

Post a Comment