Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tonight I made "mexican".  AKA...everything that goes into a taco with no taco shell.  I use ground turkey.  It is lower in fat and tasty.  This meal takes about 20 minutes to make.  Once I am browning the meat, I start cutting up the tomatoes, the onions and avocadoe. Once the meat is done, I add a packet of the Frontera mild chili and cumin taco mix for beef.  1 packet per pound of meat.  I used to use the powder spice packet from McCormick, but I like this MUCH better (and you can get it in mexican section of the grocery store I work at and just about in any grocery store).  I also microwave a can of drained black beans.

I put out all the different components out on the table and everyone puts things together onto their plate like they like.  It is SO much easier when there are different components to each meal.  So each person makes what they like.

Here is my plate of food for tonight....oh....and I like it with fat free sour cream.  Healthy and delicious....

No comments:

Post a Comment