Monday, February 27, 2012

Restaurant review - Prairie Moon Evanston, IL

Had brunch with my new book club at Prairie Moon in Evanston, IL. We read "MWF Seeking BFF".  The author is Rachel Bertsche.  What was special was that Rachel came to brunch with us!!!  It was great to meet someone who has had a published book by age 30.  She was SO nice and open about talking about her process of writing, publishing and the PR that comes along with keeping her book in the public eye.  And the book is a really great read about what it takes to make friends. It was eye opening to see what is out there now to aid in making friends - you can even rent a friend.  I am not kidding...Rachel did that and writes about it in her book.  I put a link to her website on my blog.  Go check it out....

Now onto the food....I had the Wild Mushroom Omelette.  It had swiss cheese with 3 kinds of mushrooms in the omelette.  It was good with HUGE portions!  It also came with potatoes and onions and toast.  All good, solid food.  There were a lot of mushrooms and cheese, something that can be lacking in omeletees. The restaurant was nice and is much larger than it appears.  In fact, I think it would be a nice place to hold a family gathering or event.

1 comment:

  1. I was at the brunch too and I agree with your assessment 100%. I had the Chef's Choice omelette, which was good, but really too much for one person. There was so much sausage that it could easily have fed two people.

    ReplyDelete