Saturday, January 28, 2012

One of our family's favorite restaurants is Roti.  It is one of the few places that all the kids and grown ups agree on.  They have a great deal there.  Our family of 5 can eat from there for around $20. That is crazy!  I get a huge plate of chicken, a large container of humus, 4 pitas, sumac onions (sumac is a Mediterranean spice) and Spanish eggplant and we have extra for snacking on the next day.  You can even gets sauces for free.  My favorite is yogurt (make with Greek yogurt) with cucumber and dill.  The chicken has "Mediterranean spices" on it. (Per their website - but no further explanation of what that blend is).  But it is quite healthy. A lot of protein with a small amount of carbs.  I like that combo.


Here's what my plate of food looks like.
The Spanish eggplant is so delicious.  It has eggplant, onions, green peppers and tomatoes.  The description also mentions a honey glaze, which I can taste by the sweetness in the dish.  It is served cold, but very tasty. To me, eggplant is more about the texture than taste - to me.

Oh, and I am going to La Luz tomorrow to get more tamales...and not for the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment