Sunday, January 1, 2012

So New Years....I don't like holidays that make me feel like I have to go out, be with people and be gregarious. We just stayed home with two of the three kids. Our oldest daughter went out with a group of our friends and their families.  She had a great time being with everyone.  They ate at Bobb Chinn's - a local seafood place.  She loved her dish of pasta and shrimp, but forgot to take her leftovers home.  Oh well -

I made some special food and we bought some yummies as well.  Then we played a fun game called Ticket to Ride.  I had bought it for our family, then when we were in Springfield, our cousins had it there.  Weird.....but great coincidence.  We learned to play it there with them, so it was easier that only learning from reading the instructions.
Raw, shucked oysters that I had ordered from work.  I had a sauce for it....apple cider vinegar, worcestershire  sauce, and sum baul (a chinese chili garlic sauce).  I just added a bit to each oyster.  It was SUCH a treat!!  I made noises eating each oyster - always a good sign of food happiness!!
Steamed king crab legs.  I travel about 30 minutes each way to go to a restaurant seafood supplier (Supreme Lobster) that also has a small retail store out of their distribution center.  The prices are excellent and quality amazing!
Treats from our local bakery (Deerfield Bakery).  Everyone picked a few things to celebrate with.  I had the eclair and my mouth was VERY happy!!

This is a cute piece of cake our son chose.  It takes him days to finish this treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment