Monday, January 30, 2012

You must already know, I love me a good eggs benedict! I found another place to go and get a really good version on this - great hollandaise sauce and perfect poached egg - THE measure of a eggs benedict.
Benedict's La Strata
40 N. Williams StreetCrystal Lake, IL 60014


 We started with beignets. They only make these Monday through Saturdays.  They are made to order and AMAZING!!!  Fried, but not with that fried texture.  You could get them with or without apples.  We got some of each.  Worth the calories...I promise!!!
 Like a small, extra yummy apple pie!!!
 I had "Kevin's Fresh Zucchini Cakes and Eggs".  Below the perfect poached eggs covered with hollandaise sauce, were zucchini pancakes.  The pancakes were made with shredded zucchini, potatoes, onions and dill (that's my guess at least).  I would have liked them with a crunchy texture, but with that being said....it was delicious!!!  I had it with fruit instead of potatoes, and I had them keep of the diced red pepper that the menu calls for.
This is what the waitress, Linda, recommended. "California Scrambler".  It has potato pancakes with scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, and hollandaise sauce over it.  My husband had the hold off the tomatoes that usually is also over the top of the eggs.  It was also delicious!  Again, I would have liked the pancakes crispier, but the whole thing was yummy!  Their potato pancakes not only had potatoes and onion in them, but also some dill.  Yum!!  The potatoes on the side are simple....no onions or anything else.  Simple.  But simple is good.

I also like that they put a small pot of coffee on the table, as well as a water pitcher, so you don't have to wait for someone to keep up with  you.  And did I mention that use Intelligentsia coffee?!?!  That is my favorite coffee!!  Costly to buy it, but SOOO smooth and easy!!!

We will definitely be going back to here...I added their link to my site also!


No comments:

Post a Comment