Tuesday, January 31, 2012

All right Super Moms - and others.  When do you draw the line?  I am SOOO tired of cleaning up after my kids.  I make dinner - no one clears the table.  I see junk all over the place.  Sure I could pick it all up....but again, and again???? Augh!!  Drives me crazy!!!

Anyways.....I made a simple dinner tonight.  I grilled marinated skirt steak, roasted asparagus, and cut up a cantaloupe. I grill year round.  I know some people don't, but I don't see why not to do it?  Grilling leaves all the smell and mess of what you are cooking outside.  Skirt steak is SO delicious!  The asparagus didn't go to well tonight.  It was very thin - usually a good thing.  I put it in the oven when I had just turned on the oven.  I ran to pick our son up from Hebrew and by the time I got back, it was over cooked.  Oh well....still edible, just not so great - a bit too crispy.  The cantaloupe was delicious though.  It is on sale at work ($2.50 each!), so I had bought one a few days ago, cut it up and it was a great ending to an ok meal.  Guess every meal can't be wonderful.

I am starting to compost.  Do you ever compost?  I bought a composter and a little bin to keep in the kitchen.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I just got sick and tired (I am seeing a trend in the post - I better go to bed soon!) of throwing away scraps of vegis and fruits from the dinners I make.  I am going to start a garden this spring, so I figured I should start the composting now. I would love to hear what you have to say about composting.  I am new to this.....how did it go for you when you started?  Do I need to cut all my scraps into little pieces?  Comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment