Thursday, February 16, 2012

Comfy supper

I had planned to make one of the most comfy suppers - tomato soup and grilled cheese.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) it was SO warm today that there is no chill in the air so that warm cozy feeling that this combo usually brings wasn't needed. Oh well...it was still yummy.
I used Campbell's tomato soup for this supper.  You know what....I have never made tomato soup from scratch (GASP!).  My husband doesn't like tomatoes, so I wouldn't spend the time or money to make this if everyone wouldn't enjoy it.

As you can see on this picture, I use whole wheat bread, american cheese and tomato on the sandwich.  What you can't see is the bacon bits I sprinkled in there. Gooey cheese, salty bacon, fresh tomato....wow...whoever made this sandwich first was a genius.  Ok, so I used whole wheat bread to try to "health it up" a bit....but all the insides were so perfect together that having healthy bread didn't hurt this sandwich at all.

Share with me where you have had your best grilled cheese sandwich?  If you read a couple of days earlier, you saw that our son had one he loved at Benedict La Strata in Crystal Lake, IL.  Where was your favorite grilled cheese sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment