Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dinner - BBQ Pulled Pork, coleslaw, pickles and beans

Made a family favorite.....slow cooker BBQ pulled pork.  I made it on January 1, but I will post the recipe again here.  I also served it with "hamburger" pickles, canned baked beans (I like "country style" baked beans), and my homemade slaw.  Yum Yum!!!!  This is a meal that always has no left overs!!

SLOW COOKER BBQ PORK

INGREDIENTS


    1 cup chopped celery  1 cup chopped onions (I buy these already chopped from the salad bar....and not too much more money than buying the whole onion and whole celery) 1 cup ketchup  1 cup barbecue sauce  1 cup water  2 tbsp vinegar  2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce  2 tbsp brown sugar  1 tsp chili powder  1 tsp salt  1/2 tsp pepper  1/2 tsp garlic powder  3 lbs boneless pork roast 


DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients except roast in the slow cooker.
When well mixed, add roast.
Cover, cook on high for 6-7 hours.
Remove roast.
Shred the meat and return it to the sauce.
Note - You may want to thicken the sauce some.


Number of Servings: 12

To make the coleslaw - I buy shredded coleslaw at the grocery store...I like the angelhair style.  I add in miracle whip - low fat (I know - either you are a mayonaise or a Miracle Whip person), 3-5T apple cider vinegar (depending how vinegary you like it), 1t celery seeds, and 1-3T agave syrup.  Just stir it all together and it is ready to go.  SOOOOO yummy with the bbq!!

No comments:

Post a Comment