Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dinner - Green Beans, portobello mushrooms and burgers

I haven't made dinner for quite awhile.  Between baseball games and visiting with friends, I haven't really had the chance.  So today, I bought burgers from work (they are on sale and SOOOOO yummy).  I also made green beans with panko and garlic and portobello mushrooms with onions and blue cheese.
Here are the green beans.  Soon I will be able to pick them from my garden....but not quite yet.  I steamed the green beans.  Once they are softer, I add some butter, panko and 2 cloves of garlic to the pan.  It all gets brown and crunchy.  So tasty!
These are the mushrooms.  My grill is out of gas, so I had to make it in the oven.  I sliced up vidalia onions and cooked them low and slow in the saute pan. I lined a baking sheet with foil and put the mushrooms in at 350 degrees.  After about 10 minutes, I put the onions and some blue cheese on the mushrooms.  The blue cheese I used was Maytag and it was very strong.  I used a bit too much for my liking, but with some refining this would be a delicious dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment