Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My dinner - Tomato salad and grilled fruit

The whole theme of my dinner with  my friends was fresh, simple and healthy.  Since it was very hot out, I wanted to only grill, or not cook at all.  Below is a tomato salad I made as well as a grilled fruit dessert.
I used tomatoes from my garden.  I kept some tomatoes whole and cut some of them us.  I bought fresh mozzarella balls.  I picked the size that matched the cherry tomatoes.  It is important to keep your sizes of the pieces of your dish similar. I also cut up some basil from my garden.  I drizzled on olive oil, really good balsamic vinegar and some coarsely crushed sea salt.
Here is my grilled fruit dessert.  I grilled fresh nectarines, plums and pineapple.  I just put them on a hot grill (no oil on the fruit) and turned them every 5 minutes or so.  You know they are done when they have nice grill marks as well as softening up.  I made a great sauce to go with the fruit.  I used non-fat greek yogurt, vanilla, agave, cinnamon, a bit of nutmeg, and a hit of rum.  It really capped of this easy, healthy dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment