Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My life - My Garden

Sorry for not writing for awhile....the summer has been so busy.  You can see part of what I have been doing right here.....growing my garden.  With the heat we have been having, keeping ahead of the heat has been a challenge.  I water my garden every day, always watering down low, to make sure the water gets to the roots and doesn't just roll off of the leaves.  I have a sheet on my fridge to keep track of how much I have harvested....I'll let you know at the end of the season my final count.

 Here are my brussels sprouts....see how they are budding along the thick stem?  This plant has been my most fascinating.  It is so different from how everything else grow - fruits coming from flowers vs. the intersection of stem and leaves.
 Here is the eggplant.  The color contrast between the leaves and the veins are so pretty.  And the deep purple of the vegetable.  Wow.....
 This is a spaghetti squash.  It has quite awhile to go.....but it's getting there.
 See the cauliflower growing in there?  And look at the wonderful blue, gray green of the leaves.  It needs more time, but it is going well.
 Here is broccoli.  I already picked on large bunch.  Each plant only grows one bunch.....not much yield for the amount of space this plant needs.
 I have a jungle of tomatoes.  You can see them starting to ripen.  I already have been able to pick the smaller ones.  The larger ones are taking longer.
And now the piece de resistance.....my giant zucchini!!!  Isn't this crazy?!?!  It grows SO fast.  I am going to make zucchini bread.  I'll post pictures and the recipe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment