Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dinner - Chili


One crowd pleaser on a winter day is chili and I love my chili!  So does my family, as well as my niece and nephew.  Their comments are "It is delectable, delightful and delicious" - Johnny and "It's just so delicious" - Lexi.

I call it an open and dump meal. My son, Ian, helped me make it this time. I had the butcher grind up 2 pounds of turkey.  Ian browned in with a packet (McCormick) of chili seasoning.
Once the meat is cooked through, add into the pot 1 large can of Brooks mild chili beans (there is seasoning in this, so don't drain it), 1 regular size of Cambell's tomato soup, 1 drained can of dark kidney beans, 1 drained can of black beans and 1 can of fire roasted crushed tomatoes (not drained).

Stir it all up and taste. I usually end up adding another seasoning packet as well as some salt and some shakes of Chiplote tabasco sauce (this has become my new "go-to" when I want to add just a bit of heat to a dish). Keep it on low and stir it from the bottom every so often, making sure it doesn't burn.  Sometimes I serve it with shredded cheddar cheese....and don't forget a HUGE glass of very cold milk to drink with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment