Sunday, October 30, 2011

I didn't write yesterday night because we had a bat mitzvah - so I have A LOT to write about today.  Sit down and get comfortable.....here I go!!

So we had lunch at I Am Siam.  I love their Pad Thai.  And my wonderful husband shared the dish with me and ordered it with tofu, just like I like it!

Then the bat mitzvah.  One of the appetizers were these very thin crusted "pizzas", two different kinds.  I had the one with grapes, pine nuts and goat cheese.  Pretty much anything with goat cheese is good to me.  By the way...when is a pizza a pizza and when is it not?  Good question but for another time.  There were also lamb chops carved fresh and sushi.  All was delicious.  They also passed around HUGE shrimp with cocktail sauce in shooter like glasses, mini potato pankcakes (with sour cream and applesauce if you chose to be a dipper) and mini crab cakes.  Those were delicious.  I love when crab cakes are more crab than cake.  These were like 95% crab.  I might just have to try to make some for dinner this week.  Keep a look out....

And I also drank quite a bit....let me think.....first a cosmopolitan, then another, then a bloody mary, then another.....then these shots (yes, people my age still do shots).  It was yummy....called a Vegas, I think.  It had Red Bull (I have never had that before) peach schnapps and not sure what else.  It was smooth and great.  I had two of those.  Needless to say - I had a blast.

Dinner was skirt steak on a french roll, onion straws and sweet potato fries.  It was delicious, but I was truly anticipating dessert.  We were really psyched up for dessert and it did not disappoint.  Fresh made doughtnuts....made right there, right in front of us.  They smelled heavenly.  One guy at our table ate 14 at the host's eldest son's bar mitzvah a couple of years ago.  He didn't eat near that many this time.  Time for a confession here....I didn't eat one doughnut.  I don't really like them, but S does and said they were "the best he had ever ate".  I had vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and lots of whipped cream.  To me, simple is best for just about everything (food and life alike).  It did like how the plates of pastries all were labeled using chocolate writing on the rim of the plate.  Great idea!

I went out for breakfast alone this morning.  That is one of my favorite things to do....eat alone and read.  I had one of my favorite breakfast splurges....eggs benedict with potato.  And of course, I have to get extra hollandaise sauce.  I LOVE a good hollandaise sauce and DESPISE a bad one.  To me they are good when they are smooth and tangy with lemon.  It is also very important that the egg on the english muffin has not been over poached, so that there is quite a bit of yolk running all over the place.  Then I like to have the potato (whatever form, cubes or shredded) dipped in hollandaise sauce and ketchup.  It's SO good and SO bad all at once.  YUM!!!!

I will come back later and write about our dinner tonight...and it is going to be a good one.  Ribs and roasted vegis.

No comments:

Post a Comment