Sunday, December 25, 2011

We had a huge pot luck at work for all us that worked Christmas Eve.  Everyone brought in all different kinds of food.  I brought the cookies that we had made the day before (you can see that post a few days before).  You can see the different things people brought - cookies, dips, bagels and spreads, tamales, salads and some slow cooker dishes.  


Here is what I had for lunch.  Shredded pork, meatballs and tamales.  The tamales were brought in by Juanita.  They were chicken with jalapenos.  Spicy - but just the right amount of spice.  Made your nose run and your mouth smile!  She got them at La Luc in Mundelien.  I have tried to find that place before and couldn't.  I will try again!  I have the recipe for the shredded pork and meatballs - but will need to post them at another time.

I work with the best people! They even gave me presents.  Got these cute slippers from Juanita - and teared up when she gave them to me.  I am wearing them here in the car for our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment