Friday, February 3, 2012

I made an easy dinner tonight.  We call it "orange chicken".

From Trader Joe's my family likes the Chicken Masala Simmer Sauce.  It is an indian dish.  All our family likes indian food - thank goodness.  I like it (going left to right) with 0 fat greek yogurt, Trader Joe's Mango Ginger Chutney, and Trader Joe's Nan bread. Each family member likes their own combo of the tdifferent foods on my plate.  I also like it with lentils too, but I am trying to cut back on carbs.  I don't eat it with nan...again, trying to cut the carbs.  But it is GOOD stuff!!

All you need to do is follow the directions on the chicken sauce.  That's it.....the chutney adds a great sweetness and spice to the dish.  But that's also why I like it with the yogurt.  It cools it off and adds more protein to the dish.

This is a solid, easy, fast option for our family, and we all need those!!

No comments:

Post a Comment