Friday, March 16, 2012

Dessert - Roasted Marshmallows

The weather has been so great that I just want to be out in it as long I can. Tonight we had our first fire pit time.  I bought it last year and love sitting out in front of the fire.  There is something so relaxing and enjoyable about sitting near a fire. The smell, the heat, the light....everything is perfect when you are sitting in front of a fire.

We had HUGE marshmallows (have you seen these extra large marshmallows?  You can find them at most grocery stores.) and our son went to the trees to cut off branches to use to the roast these white cylinders of perfection.  Who doesn't love a marshmallow roasted over a fire?!?!  Warm, gooey, crispy, sweet.....need I say more!!! Some of you out there would say - hey what about a s'more??? Sure, I have everything to make a s'more and some people in our family like them....but I am a purist.  Just the marshmallow - thank you.  What I really like to do it roast it, then put it in my mouth and pull off the crispy outside layer, put it back in the fire, pull off the crispy outside...and over and over until the marshmallow is done.  Such simple and complete joy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post and could not agree more! Smore's just pile sugar on sugar - you need to enjoy the marshmallow for what it is.

    Brother G

    ReplyDelete