Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dinner - Corned Beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing

WARNING - YOU MIGHT WANT A DROOL RAG WHILE READING THIS....

This time of the year is great because corned beef is on sale.  Yum! I made Boar's Head corned beef.  I just followed the directions.  You put the meat in water with the spices from the packet and let it first boil then simmer for about 3 hours.  That's it!!  I made enough corned beef for us all to eat as well as left overs....for only $14!!  Are you kidding me?!?!?  To buy it from a deli, it would be TONS more money....and all you have to do is boil meet with spices.  And it is SO much leaner than anything you can get a deli.

I made a bread-less reuben.  I cut up the corned beef, put some swiss cheese on the meat, put a pile of saurkraut on it and dipped each yummy bite into thousand island dressing.  I found a sugar free, very low fat thousand island dressing and it was delicious.  Having the left overs are great to have!
Lesson here - Make your own corned beef....you will not be disappointed and you will save money also!


No comments:

Post a Comment