Sunday, March 11, 2012

SPECIAL EVENT - International Home and Housewares Show


Thank you to our friend, Stephen.  We went to the show and had an amazing time.  Oh...what I saw.  All kinds of amazing products for the kitchen and house.

And we also got to try different food.
Here is gnocchi that Sarah Grueneberg from Top Chef Texas (runner up - but she should have won - in my opinion!) was demonstrating.  I just wrote her and will be getting the recipe.  I'll make it and write it all here.  It was SO light and tasty.  She was doing her demonstration with the Top Chef products.  Then we were shown a couple of prototypes of tools they were working on.  One was a salt and pepper grinder and one was a wine bottle opener.  Both were good looking, but the wine tool was my favorite of the two.  It not only had a cork opener, but the other end of it had a vacuum pump to keep your wine fresh.  I gave them my information and was told that I will be put on a list to try new products.  I will keep you posted on that...how cool would that be?!?!?

Here are some more great products I saw....
Aren't these beautiful?!? They were made by Amoretti Brothers.Their studio is in Mexico City.
How odd and funny are these knife holders?
This was gorgeous.  It wasn't to purchase, but wow....imagine this in a kitchen.  And I don't think it would be that hard to make.

Now this was one of the most clever things we saw.  See all the different size pots?  All you need is the set of pans, one handle (on right) and one grip (on the left). How simple would that be? The grip and the handle just hook onto the pans.  SO cool!!!!
Ohhhhh, this was tasty!  It adds carbonation to juices.  This one was a pineapple/lyche juice with a coconut foam.  The foam was made with coconut milk with some gelatin.  Then it was put into a into the Twist and Sparkle
This was Nambe.  They have this new line and it was SO beautiful .  This isn't your mom's Nambe anymore....remember when you were registering for your wedding and your mom kept asking if you had registered for a piece of Nambe yet.  These wood and metal combos are gorgeous.
Here was the best part of the time at the show......


This is the Fissler Blue Point Pressure cooker.  It was demonstrated by the Voltaggio brothers - from Top Chef.  They cooked ribs and BBQ "Baked" Nuts.  All these were made in around 15 minutes.  Amazing and truly something that every family should have.  I am working on getting one and hope to cook like crazy using it. I'll keep you posted.
In this picture, The Voltaggio Brothers from Top Chef.  WOW!!!  Michael was talking and Bryan was smoking ribs, right there on the stage with a "smoke gun" he called it.   They were so entertaining and SO full of knowledge.  I loved listening to them.  And boy oh boy, do they know this pressure cooker.  I was SO excited about this product.  
Here is a piece of the smoked ribs and the hazelnut bbq baked beans.  YUM!!!!
It was a great day!!  My feet were tired but I had all kinds of images in my head.  I love food and everything that comes along with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment