Monday, July 30, 2012

Restaurant review - Mesa Grill Las Vegas

What a great day!!!  First we went out to the Grand Canyon - West rim.  It took us about 3 hours to drive out there.....including 11 miles of a gravel road (ouch!).  But worth every second of discomfort on that road to see this truly awesome and amazing sight.  It really helped us both to put life into perspective.  Looking at this sight, you can't help to let everything go and just focus on the beauty before you. 

There was an option to go out on the Skywalk - a walk that hangs out over the rim and is clear, but it was $30 extra and you can't bring your camera out there, so we didn't opt for that.  My deciding factor was would I regret not going out there....not at all. 

We then met up with our friends and went to see Bill Cosby.  WOW....75 years old.  He was funny and did a great schpeel on Vegas.  "When you ask people why they go to Vegas, they say to have fun. Then ask them if they won, and they say no." Then he gave the audience one of his classic looks.  SOOO funny!


Our dinner was at Mesa Grill at Ceasar's.  Let me tell you - our whole weekend of eating at special restaurants, and this was the best of all places on the strip that we ate - and the most reasonable.  I have to confess, I was a bit skeptical....these "celebrity" chefs don't even step into their restaurants.  But boy did this one deliver.  I am disappointed we don't have one of his restaurants here in Chicago.
 This was a side dish I ordered.  If you read my blog regularly, you know I like tamales.  This was like no other. The menus read - Fresh Corn Tamale with Jalapeno Pesto Butter. A little pac of perfection here.
 This was my massive diet splurge here.....GOAT  CHEESE  “QUESO  FUNDIDO”
Rajas + Blue Corn Tortilla Strips.  I have been being surprised lately to discover I don't detest peppers as much as I thought I did.  In face, the peppers where the star here.
 Look how gooey and yummy this dish was.
 CREMINI MUSHROOM QUESADILLA Fontina, Ricotta, Fried Egg + Salsa Verde.  This was crispy, earthy, fresh, a touch of spicy.  Great combo of flavors.

ROUGH CUT  TUNA “NACHOS ”Mango - Habanero Hot Sauce + Avocado Crema.  Should a fancy name for Tuna Tartare.  But it was melt in your mouth tasty. With a spiciness that didn't kill the flavor - which is hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment