Friday, October 28, 2011

So my husband asked "How are you going to write your blog if you go out to dinner?"  This is how.....

I was planning to make sushi today....I always have the crab sticks in the fridge.  And I always have masago in the freezer. I bought avocados, green onions, and spicy mayo to make our sushi rolls.  Each person likes their roll different : A - avocado and masago, B - avocado, crab, and masago, S - avocado (thin strips), crab, masago, A LOT of green onions, very little rice, I - avocado, crab, masago, green onions (but not as much as my hubby), and I like avocado, crab (1 stick cut in half), and A LOT of masago.

I rushed home from trying to help B put together a Halloween costume.  I had to start with the rice, but I searched and couldn't find the innards to the rice cooker.  I put the rice and the same amount of water into a pot, covered it and put it on very low.

When I told S about the rice issue, he said "Let's go out".  Rarely do I disagree with this idea.  We went to the Continental.  I had a great salad - Surf City Salad.  One of the few salads that has more stuff than lettuce.  Yum! Crab (fake), olives, blue cheese, bacon, turkey, hard boiled egg, and avocado.  It is SO good that you don't even need dressing.  S had gyros.  It was not good.  You know how gyros are cut from a slab?  Well, if it has been sitting, it gets crusty.  That's the part that S got...the crusty, yucky outer stuff.  He should have asked for more meat.  I have NO problem when I go out for dinner and my food is sub-par when it easily could be better, asking for another plate of it....or even another dish altogether.  If I am paying I expect a certain level - even at a local place like the Continental - where the average age of the diner is 66.

Real quickly - I just wanted to jump off topic and talk about Halloween or in my world called Hallow-weeny - a long day full of nothing! It is an awful holiday.  Spend money on a pumpkin, only to get it smashed by a kid. Spend money on a costume, only to get it worn once. Spend money on candy to pass out, only to have each kid come home with a pillowcase full of candy. And then who is tricker-treating with who and how they are going to get wherever and how long they will be out.  AWFUL!!!!

No dinner tomorrow - we are going to a bat mitzvah party....but, as always, I will have something to talk about so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment